Health care in America: Helpful resources, Veterans eligible for coverage, Upcoming conferences for churchescomment (0)
August 8, 2013
- To download a compilation of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (new health care law) prepared by the U.S. Office of the Legislative Counsel, visit http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf
- www.healthcare.gov, managed by U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- To understand health care reform issues related to ministries, visit www.guidestone.org/HealthcareReform2.
- For information related to Alabama Baptist church life, contact Lee Wright at the Alabama Baptist State Board of Missions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-264-1225.
- The Center for Rural Affairs, a nonprofit corporation focused on family farms and rural communities, is working to understand how the new health care law affects its areas of concern. For more information, contact Steph Larsen at stephL@cfra.org.
- Paige Phillips, executive director of the Alabama Association of Health Underwriters, is continually researching the new law and helping train business owners and employers across the state on it. To contact her, call 205-995-4467 or email email@example.com.
According to www.healthcare.gov, which is managed by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, if you are enrolled in the veterans health care program (TRICARE), VA Civilian Health and Medical Program (CHAMPVA) or the spina bifida health care benefits program, you don’t need additional coverage.
As for veterans’ dependents, the website states, “If you’re a veteran enrolled in (or a beneficiary of) a VA health care program, your dependents who are not eligible for a VA health care program may use the Marketplace to get coverage.”
Veterans who do not already have VA benefits can visit www.va.gov/health to find out whether they qualify for any VA coverage. (TAB)
Upcoming conferences for churches
August 8 — Tuskegee Lee Baptist Association office, Opelika
August 13 — FBC Andalusia
August 15 — Government Street Baptist Church, Mobile
August 20 — FBC Gadsden
August 22 — Huffman Baptist Church, Birmingham
For fees and other information, contact Nancy Cornett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-264-1225, ext. 208. To register, visit www.alsbom.org/churchfinancialissues. (TAB)