Jones Baptist to dedicate new sanctuarycomment (0)
March 22, 2007
Jones Baptist Church in Autauga Baptist Association will dedicate its new sanctuary April 1. Led by Pastor Walter Johnson, the service will begin at 2 p.m. after an 11 a.m. worship service and lunch in the fellowship hall. Built by volunteer labor from the congregation, the sanctuary saw its first service March 18.
Begun in 1906 as Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, Jones Baptist first met at the local Methodist church until its first building was built, according to local legend. In 2003, the church built a new fellowship hall and kitchen and then began preparing for the new sanctuary.